Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Working Dog: Ode to life in Beirut

WRITE. Every day in March write a slice of life story on your own blog. SHARE. Link your post in the comments on each daily call for slice of life stories here at TWT. GIVE. Comment on at least three other slice of life stories/blogs.
First Tuesday Slice of Life during Poetry Month
This poem was inspired on my walk home by a feeling I often have.

 

 

I always feel better,
walking down the street,
when I see you headed towards me.
Trusting your sniffer has done its job
as you check out each car,
I proceed knowing my path to be clear.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.
    Now this is something I would never think about walking around where I live. The necessity of a dog is more than just for companionship...
    Thanks for broadening my perspective with your poem today.
    b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Beirut...so sad that the bloodshed never seems to end.

    ReplyDelete