Thursday, October 23, 2014

Thankful Thursday–My Daughter’s Outlook

This morning reminded me how much I am thankful for my daughter’s outlook on life. Part of it is being five and part of it is her disposition. This morning, as we were getting ready for school, I heard a nearly frantic, “Mommy! Come here!” I hurried to her room to find her glued to the window.

Several possible scenarios crossed my mind as to what she might be observing in the two seconds before I kneeled next to her. None of my scenarios was even close. She was gazing, in awe, at the sunrise turning the clouds into a painting (her words).

IMG_3750

I am thankful that my daughter is in awe of the created world, but that is not her only outlook that I appreciate. Last week we were headed to a birthday party for a friend of hers. It look us a while to find a taxi and once we did we only got about halfway there before the taxi pulled over. There were three people with suitcases by the side of the road. The fare to the airport is much higher than to where we were going and we were kicked out for him to take these people instead of us.

My daughter’s reaction? “That wasn’t very nice, but that is OK. We can walk.”

God bless my child and her outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment