Monday, June 1, 2015

What Are You Reading?

 
“It’s Monday! What are you Reading?” started by Sheila at Book Journey as a chance for book lovers to share their reading accomplishments as well as what is on the proverbial nightstand. Her life changed beyond my imagination, but was still my inspiration. Subsequently Jen and Kellee at Teach Mentor Texts added an opportunity for those reading kidlit to join the fun. Check them out, join the conversations, and discover more great books.

Books marked with an '*' I would put in my classroom library.
Books marked with a '#' would be in a middle or high school library.
Books marked with a 
‘@’ would be good for adult book clubs.

Image result for Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Rosenthal Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Rosenthal

Image result for All Fall Down by Sally Nicholls All Fall Down by Sally Nicholls

Image result for Every Day by David Levithan Every Day by David Levithan





Image result for Season of Secrets Season of Secrets by Sally Nicholls

Image result for Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner

2 comments:

  1. Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life is one of my favorite mentor texts. I'll dip in looking for a particular section to share with my student writers and then find myself still reading 40 minutes later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like yours and Elisabeth's comments about Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Live (loved the snippets available at Amazon) I wasn't particularly enamoured by A Beginning, A Muddle and an End. It felt pretentious to me. Stone Fox on the other hand is one of those books that every library and every classroom should have copies of. We have a few literature circle sets of it. I really like this new cover and think I should upgrade ours.

    ReplyDelete