Saturday, February 20, 2016

Celebrate This Week - Getting My Groove Back

Look for the joy in life - the things to be thankful for - and celebrate them! Thanks to Ruth Ayres you can join in the celebration with links on her blog.


Today I am celebrating getting my groove back. This week is the first time I can remember that I have had time in my days. 

Time to walk (inspired by the fact that I gave up sitting on my arse for Lent!)
Time for more reading (both on my own and snuggled with my daughter)
Time to think about the next project I will undertake in the 'sewing' room
Time to get the little things completed that have been waiting around the house
Time to play cribbage
Time to go to the desert for sunset and playing in the sand
Time to sort pictures and start to post them again
Time to write

When we lived in the States we kept a bottle of champagne in the fridge with a removable pressure 'cork' on it. Many evenings we would pour two glasses of bubbly and celebrate the little things in our lives. Living in Saudi there is not the option of champagne in my fridge, but thanks to Ruth's inspiration I can make room, make time, at least once a week by sharing what I am celebrating here.

What can you celebrate?

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful celebrations, Kristi. I especially liked time for more reading. I've also been working on taking care of the little things that have been waiting. It's a good feeling when they're done. Glad you had time in your days this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I love having time to spend on things I love. This is my first year working close to home and it has given so much time to spend with my family and to do the things I really want to do. I'm enjoying it so much. Time is a precious gift!

    ReplyDelete