Monday, February 22, 2016

It's Monday - What Are You Reading?

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA! 
It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!
Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.



Right now I am plodding through The Alex Crow. I don't know why I can't abandon books! This particular one I know that part of the reason is that it has made many people's recommended book lists. I'm still hoping the reason why will become apparent to me.














The audio book I am currently listening to is In The Unlikely Event by Judy Bloom. It is adult fiction and a book I had never heard of. When I am flying I like to have an audio book to listen to. (I also will listen to an audio book when I have a migraine and can't open my eyes, but am waiting for the drugs to kick in so I can sleep.) This book was under the 'currently available' choices from the library. Anyone else read it? The intertwining of characters is complex and the premise has me wondering where she is going.

9 comments:

  1. I didn't know Judy Blume still wrote! I remember when she came out with her first adult book "Wifey", now that was steamy stuff. At least for back then. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be bold. Be brave. Give up on a book that isn't working for you. You can do it.

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/02/sunday-salon-catching-up_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard others say they enjoyed the Judy Blume, but I haven't read it, Kristi. I have The Alex Crow, & others have praised it, but I still haven't gotten to it either. Maybe someday? Thanks for sharing, & I think you can give up on a book too. There are too many great ones out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting better at abandoning books that don't work for me but am still having trouble dealing with the guilt I feel when I don't finish a book. I'm still working on that part. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a serial book abandoner, and feel no guilt at all! There are simply too many books I want to read and not nearly enough hours in the day for me to waste a precious moment on a boom that hasn't connected with me. I'll give a book a fair and fighting chance, but if I don't look forward to picking it up, it will eventually land on the DNF pile. On to the next! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am good at abandoning books.

    I see no reason to continue if you are not enjoying the book or have any idea what is going on. :)

    Have a good reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I do hope you found the reason for the wonder of the book so many liked. Sometimes it just turns out that it is a point of difference between us and other readers!
    I have Judy Blume's book but haven't read it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrew Smith is an acquired taste - have you read his Grasshopper Jungle? I enjoyed The Alex Crow - I hope it picks up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally get the argument to abandon books that don't work for you (after all, there are only so many reading hours each day and they should be well spent), but I just can't do it! I've read too many books that didn't work for me until a brilliant end which made me love the whole thing (Life of Pi and The Tightrope Walkers are two that immediately come to mind).

    ReplyDelete