Thursday, February 25, 2016

Thankful Thursday

Some right reserved by minivan1411

Today I am thankful for blogging. 

Something that I started as a means for accountability to be actually writing, like I was asking of my students, has turned much more. With 500 posts on this blog I have done more than simply put words down. 

I have connected with people whom I would have never met otherwise. 
I have learned the discipline of sitting down and writing, even when I don't want to. 
I have experienced the wave of rhythm that comes with writing regularly (especially during the March challenges!) 
I have been encouraged to keep writing, particularly by the Two Writing Teachers Slice of Life Community.
I have forced myself to form thoughts into words - and hopefully in ways that allow others to understand my thinking, experiences, and memories. 
I am become a better teacher of writing as I can now consider myself a writer and, with my students (and others), share in the joys and struggles that go along with that.
I have found inspiration along this journey of life by reading other's blogs.

Color me thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment