Friday, March 25, 2016

SOLSC - Time is Irrelevant

It's March - Time for the month long Slice of Life challenge thanks to Two Writing Teachers.

I love having friends with whom time is irrelevant. When we are all together it doesn't matter how much time has passed or how much time we have - we enjoy the minutes together to the fullest and then look forward to next time.

Spring Break is upon us. We are allowed to leave school at 3:30 on Thursdays (the last day of our week). We were pulling out of the parking lot at 3:31, headed 300 kilometers south to Jeddah.

Upon arrival we hugged all the children, left ours, and the adults headed off - picking up another friend along the way. After having to wait for prayer to finish so the restaurant would open, we enjoyed an evening of excellent sushi and fantastic company.

I thoroughly enjoyed my evening (as I think our daughter did too, since she was still up when we got home, three hours after bedtime). I will say that, in the back of my mind I was very aware that it was Maundy Thursday and that if we had been in a different country our evening would have looked different. This is something I have come to terms with about living here. We moved the story up a bit in our week so having an Easter Egg hunt this morning wouldn't seem quite so odd. As a friend once said while we were in Jerusalem, watching many people need to kiss the exact spot that tradition says something happened, we're too reformed for that.

1 comment:

  1. Kristi,
    I'm glad you were writing through March. Your first line in this post gave me pause. It is a beautiful truth -- there are some friends with whom time is irrelevant. This stirs my soul so much, that I'm jotting your line in my notebook. Thank you.
    Hugs,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete