Tuesday, February 27, 2018

A Week Of Firsts



Thirteen years and I have now had the opportunity to hear rain on my tent in the desert in the Middle East.

***

Not only watching rugby, but choosing to watch it, AND understanding what is going on.

***

Playing every track of "Hamilton" in the car as a family. 

My visor is down, not so much for the sun, but so I can watch my daughter in the mirror.

"Someone under stress and someone's looking pretty."
No reaction.

"I'll let him tell it."
No reaction.

"I hadn't slept in a week. I was weak."
Head snaps up, brows furrowed.


"I know you are a man of honor."
Eyes wide, imploring me to explain, hands raids - palms up - questioning.



***

Teaching Fantasy writing brought fresh excitement for both myself and my students - until we realize it is work, and then we set in to do it.

4 comments:

  1. This was a very interesting mix of activities to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, disparate list. I like the image of you communicating with your daughter via visor reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post and fun to see that some of it comes from your student's fantasy writing. I'm wondering about the rain on your tent? Hopefully it was for real. But I was also surprised. Do you actually live in a tent?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of rain... most of the time. Your last sentence is so true whenever we begin something "new" in teaching.

    ReplyDelete