Tuesday, February 26, 2019

#toosoon



As I strategically choose my seat in a conference room in Dubai, voices from a table across the room reach my ears.

"Seattle is on the one yard line and..."

"Jim, is it really necessary to ruin the day before we have even begun?!" I can't help but exclaim.

Jim looks up, pauses, and then says, "Oh yeah, you are from Seattle, aren't you? We are talking about decision making."

I quickly find something else to occupy my thoughts as I know how that conversation is going to end.

#STILLtoosoon #gohawks

2 comments:

  1. Teaching high school has ruined me when it comes to being a football fan, so I only remember what happened to Seattle and not who made it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Jim made an insensitive decision ;) I appreciate what's unsaid in your slice as much, if not more, than what's explicit. Well played.

    ReplyDelete