Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Message Sent. Message Received.


SCENE 1: February 10, evening

Brushing my teeth before climbing into bed, I pondered what "This or That?" question to use in the all staff meeting the following morning. Chocolate is where my brain kept taking me. I know I have asked chocolate questions before so what else could I ask? Valentine's Day is almost here is where my brain went next. And then I was back to chocolate. 

SCENE 2: February 11, morning

At the stroke of eight I asked the boxes on my screen, "Flowers or Chocolate?" and sent them into their Breakout Rooms for two minutes. In the magic of Zoom they all appeared two and a half minutes later to find a slide, "♥️ for flowers or ðŸŽ‰ for chocolate".

As the votes popped up I continued administrative duties in the background and couldn't get to my reactions. "Flowers would be my vote this year, so imagine a red heart for me."

SCENE 3: February 14

During dinner my gaze is continually draw to the 25 roses arranged in the glass vase on the table.



2 comments:

  1. The roses are magnificent - definitely a day-brightener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 25 roses, wow! That would continually draw my attention too.

    ReplyDelete