Saturday, April 20, 2013

And you worry about us?!

This post keeps scurrying around in my mind, but each time I try to get it down things don't come out quite right. I have written it in my head, typed it out (and deleted it), and talked about it with friends, yet I haven't published it.

I have finally decided that it is not going to come out 'right' and that I am not going to be able to fully develop my thoughts. Perhaps they need more incubation time.

I can share the initial thought with you.

I can not count how many times people in the U.S. ask if we are safe over here (be it Jordan or Saudi). I am pretty sure that is the mindset if we were anywhere in the Middle East. This week has helped to illustrate that we are far more safe than those of you in the good ol' U.S. of A.

And you worry about us?!

Our thoughts and prayers are with those impacted by recent events in Boston and West, Texas, but it doesn't end there. Our thoughts and prayers are (maybe even more often) with those impacted by Syria (all of it) and the West Bank and…

(This is where I start having to delete things so I will just stop now.) We are safe and hope you are too.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to be safe anywhere, Kristi. I hear your point though. It's the consistent stereotype that's tough to take, right?

    ReplyDelete