Tuesday, January 8, 2019

OLW Epiphany



It wasn't the start of a new calendar year that got me pondering. These aren't even thoughts that percolated as the school year started and I'm just now getting around to posting. (Though, looking at how few blog posts I have from this fall, that would be an understandable hypothesis.) 

You can find my previous thoughts about not being a OLW person here. OLW isn't the bandwagon for me and I put it out there for all the world to see. Reading all of your OLW posts I have had an epiphany. (Appropriate this week!)

Thanks to something a consultant said September of 2017 I started using a particular filter. I have been placing a filter in front of conversations and decisions. The filter has been the starting point for meetings and training. That filter is actually one. little. word. 

Purpose.

What is the purpose of the conversation or decision or meeting or training? Pulling purpose to the forefront and explicitly stating it keeps things focused. Continually asking the purpose keeps things focused. 

 Purpose, as a filter - a mantra - is now a part of my professional life.


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE it! I'm tempted to clone it for myself! I'll let you know...:)

    ReplyDelete