Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Excitement for Next Year (26/31)

26 of 31 - SOLSC 2019


"Next year I could teach poetry before memoir and then, those that want to write their memoir as a poem will have some structures in place."

"After Spring Break I am going to take all pencils out of my room and see how it goes. I think it may be the plan for all of next year."

"With a longer block I will be able to plan for more conceptual exploration of math concepts next year. I want to try Number Talks."

I love this time of year, when the excitement for next year starts to build. It carries us through the tough days and reminds us that each year is a journey in getting better as educators. These are some of the comments teachers have shared with me just this morning! We are three days from Spring Break and instead of dragging through, punching the proverbial clock, we are watching students grow as learners before our eyes and allowing the wonder of it to propel our thoughts to what else is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment