Monday, March 11, 2019

Stalled, Without Words (11/31)

11 of 31 - SOLSC 2019


It took me seven years to be able to slice before I went to bed, ready to post for the day when the calendar page turned in the EST/EDT time zone. Something magical happened on year eight. For ten glorious days my posts were written and scheduled the night before. None of the scrambling as the clock ticked down the final moments of the day - those slices were numerous and behind me. 

Now it is Year 8, Day 11 and my writing has stalled. 

Perhaps it is the enormity of today's anniversary that makes today feel like swimming in sand. I'm not sure what it is. 

I have gone looking for inspiration; in the moments of yesterday, conversations this morning, slices of life I've noticed, and other's posts. Though inspiration can be found, the words can't.

4 comments:

  1. I think that the way your write so truthfully about the words not coming will inspire and encourage others - you still wrote! I have written about being too tired to write before. I read your anniversary post and am so sorry for the loss of your friend. My prayers for strength and peace are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an ALS anniversary, too--my mother, June 26th. I never choose to consciously mark that date--I prefer to remember her birthday, shared with my daughter--but my body always remembers, gets sucked into a sadness that hovers at the edge of my awareness for a week or two until I realize the date that has passed. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, I'm sorry we have this in common. His birthday was in March so so much swirls together. I just re-found this post of his. Don't know if you'll appreciate it, but I know it has made my heart lighter today. https://tomtomsconfession.wordpress.com/2012/09/27/thinking-about-home/?fbclid=IwAR1AOWy_cf0VmzcTXP8OxR3n0JBLD50CRLUrbu2MDaVrDiA4_BSwfQJdOBY

      Delete
  3. So often we can't 'turn on' the writing and crank it out the way we'd like, especially when we are dealing with painful memories or stressful events. Your slice today is an authentic form of writing that is somewhat cathartic by putting 'pen to paper' to explore your thoughts. This post may help other slicers who are sharing similar struggles. Sending you wishes for peace and comfort--and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete