Thursday, March 18, 2021

Migraine World Summit (18/31)

  18 of 31 - SOLSC 2021


So many things happen each year in March, making a pretty crazy month. They are great things and I am happy that they occur, yet I am often feeling like "when it rains it pours".

One of the things that takes hours of my time in March is the Migraine World Summit. If you, or someone you love, has migraine disease - it is a must. If you don't, the way to reduce stigma is through understanding.

The Migraine World Summit is a series of interviews with world leaders in the field of migraine discussing the latest treatments, research, and best practice. On top of all of that, you can access each interview for free! 

This year's summit began yesterday and goes until the 25th. Each day there are several interviews posted, with access for 24 hours. (Time Zone Bingo is in effect as it is a world wide event, so figuring out what time each day 'begins' will be different, depending on your location in the world.)

Last night I thought deeply about pathways. Migraine is such a puzzle; different for each person and doesn't always look the same day to day. I was reminded of how much chronic migraine sucks. I continued to learn about my disease and reflected on the journey of educating myself and how important it is to be able to know what options are available.

I am thankful to wake up this morning pain free. I try to not let days that start this way go unappreciated. Part of my story is tied up with the Migraine World Summit and a greater understanding of migraine. 

I found my way to the information through a friend's FaceBook post years ago. My hope is that at least one person learns something new about their situation with migraine and is able to improve their life because of it.

2 comments:

  1. It's 1 am, and I'm sitting writing today's slice, AND squeezing my eyes tight shut at the same time! I relate so well to how you said it's different from person to person, and from day to day. It's different from episode to episode. Here's to many feel-great mornings!
    My sister suffers from debilitating migraines, worse than mine. Will tell her about this summit. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never knew such a thing existed. Will spread the word around. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete