Sunday, March 27, 2022

(27/31) Riddle Me This

27 of 31 - SOLSC 2022


Today is my brother's birthday.
He is the brother who has been my brother the longest.
He is not my oldest brother.
I am an 'oldest'.
All of these statements are true.
How is it possible?

Pretty typical for a Gen X, probably. I have an older half brother (whose birthday it is today!) I have a little brother and the two of us grew up in a house together. I also have three older step brothers whom I have known since I was three as we grew up in the same church together. (They have been my brothers since I was 13.) So, as far as birth order 'stuff' goes, I am an oldest and yet I have four older brothers. Today, the youngest of those four is celebrating his day. Happy Birthday, Mark!

4 comments:

  1. First of all, GenX had such good music & movies & things. Love the "who has been my brother the longest"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Mark from me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! Would be even more interesting to create more riddles like this - stuff that Gen X reveled in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't quite sure why this was tagged as a "Gen X" riddle. Hmmm . . . Love this peak into this representation of family.

    ReplyDelete