Saturday, March 24, 2012

Prayers for Pregos

image

Prayers for Pregos is a chance for women in the Heartline Prenatal Program in Haiti to be supported by those of us all over the world.

“Prayer is no small thing. For each of these women we know that intersession is powerful and that God must work on their behalf. The odds are against pregnant women in Haiti. The vast majority of the pregnancies are considered "high risk".  As you likely know, the maternal death rate is very high in Haiti as is the infant mortality rate. Every healthy birth at our maternity center is a miracle given the obstacles the women must overcome.”

The combination of Mother’s Days, pregnant friends, friends who are struggling to get and/or remain pregnant, and remembering my own pregnancy reminds me of the fragility of life. Then add in a third world country where the odds are stacked against you before you even start. I feel very small in the midst of it all. I am so immensely thankful for the medical care I had and that everything turned out OK, when it so easily could have had a different ending. I don’t feel that there is much I can do. Not much, but a little. I can donate money to those that can help, but more importantly I can pray.

Praying is not a little thing, though it is not a hard thing. Will you join me?

Right now I am praying for Jeronie.

image
age 29
Due July 8th
6th pregnancy, has 3 living children, one child died at birth

Who will you pray for?

6 comments:

  1. Your post is very humbling. We are lucky that childbirth in our country is relatively low risk, but we take this for granted. I will keep the mothers to be in Haiti in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will help in praying for a healthy baby...

    ReplyDelete
  3. After having had 3 children and a miscarriage, I am always amazed at the miracle of childbirth. It starts to seem amazing that as many go as well as they do! I am praying for one of my best friends who is pregnant again after a miscarriage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will join you! Prayer is so powerful. It's so easy to forget that. My brother went to Haiti before the earthquake hit for a medical missions trip and was so moved by all the people there. This is a great thing that you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! A resounding yes! We are so small and life is so fragile. Trust is sometimes a hard thing, but there's peace in it. Through trials I've come to realize that my children are not my own, they are His, and He loves them even more than I do.

    ReplyDelete