Monday, March 2, 2015

Spontaneous Conference

Write, Share, Give

For those of you who teach, you understand the hesitation when you see a parent in the hall. Will it simply be a ‘hello’ or will the parent want to turn the chance passing into a spontaneous mini conference? Many times you just don’t know for sure at first glance.

This afternoon, as I headed to pick up my class from recess my daughter’s teacher passed by. I waved in greeting. A few seconds later she was back. “Uh-oh!” I thought, as I knew she was headed for me, for a spontaneous conference.

Realizing I was headed somewhere she asked me to pass by sometime to look at my daughter’s recent on-demand writing. I asked if she could at least give me a hint (who knows when our schedules will coincide with matching preps!) The writing was a narrative piece. We have spoken (OK, I have listened) previously about my daughter not always choosing actual, real life events in her life for personal narratives.

It turns out that this story is interesting with fairies dying and Jesus and God doing something to welcome them and I’m not sure what else. The twist? She titled it, “My Dream”.

True? Who knows.
Sneaky? More likely.
Now, remember she is in kindergarten.
Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like she has a wonderful imagination! One that will surely get her into some trouble, but which should be appreciated anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she has a wonderful imagination! One that will surely get her into some trouble, but which should be appreciated anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete