Thursday, March 16, 2017

Ironic Early Hours

This post is part of the Slice of Life March Challenge hosted by Two Writing Teachers.
Check it out and join us.
Once the pain subsided the irony hit me. 

4:45 a.m. Wednesday, March 15th = excited to be awake.

4:36 a.m. Thursday, March 16th = NOT thrilled to be awake (and it had nothing to do with it being nine minutes earlier!)


Yesterday I was exuberant to have my alarm go off at 4:45 a.m. It meant that I was about to be present (virtually) in a meeting at our home church. This morning I was very much unenthused to be awake due to a migraine.

The amusement continued when I realized that I wasn't going to get any more sleep so I decided to be productive; laundry, dishes, grocery list... Grocery list! I could run to the store; except I can't drive in this country. Chuckling to myself I thought, once again, of irony.

4 comments:

  1. 4:45 - this is soon early for me. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. john re -
    I like the two perspectives from the two days.
    I wonder what it is like to live in a country where you can not drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleepless nights bring the strangest of inspirations, sometimes. I've had whole poems sitting there in my head when I woke up to dark nights and the clock telling me, too early. I hope you get a nap in later ...
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every day is so completely different. It can be a gift and a curse can't it. Sometimes we get it so right. Then others, we are just chugging through. I hope you get a nap, too.

    ReplyDelete