Friday, March 24, 2017

Once you are packed the trip can start, right?

This post is part of the Slice of Life March Challenge hosted by Two Writing Teachers.
Check it out and join us.
Once you are packed the trip can start, right?

I wish it was that easy to set a calendar - the second you close your back the clock automatically strikes the minute of departure. (Sometimes it is the opposite, you want time to freeze until you can get it all packed.)



I am packed, if you count everything that needs to go into the suitcase is either in a pile or written on the list as 'packed'. Sub plans are complete, if you count the highlighted section that I can't fill in until I see how Sunday's and Monday's lessons go. The taxi reservations are actually made and confirmed, as are the plane tickets, but I can't check in yet.

And then there is the can of worms that has just opened up regarding electronics while flying. Currently this trip will not be impacted, but I realize rules can change at any point. I wish I didn't have to take my laptop, but I am presenting at a conference so it is necessary. I have convinced my husband that we can share one. (He arrives after I present and can use mine for work while I switch over to my phone.)

4 comments:

  1. I HATE that waiting for the trip part when you're all amped up and ready. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would think that once you are packed, the trip can start, but it is never that easy :). Wish you the best at the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well stated on all points...then you get to the airport and "hurry up and wait"! Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to travel, hate packing, but love the actual travel. Hurry up and wait builds lots of anticipation and excitement, but sometimes you're right—enough is enough! Good luck for a super conference!!

    ReplyDelete