Monday, March 6, 2017

Is This The Dreaded Day?

This post is part of the Slice of Life March Challenge hosted by Two Writing Teachers.
Check it out and join us.
Today is the day, the dreaded day.

Sigh.

It is only the sixth of March, which either doesn't bode well for making it through the entire month or it allows me to get it out of the way. I sat down to write today's slice and I have no idea what I am going to write about. Perhaps it is appropriate that TWT posted a badge today, "Blogging Alongside My Students". One reason we teachers take on this challenge is to experience the 'what-the-heck-am-I-going-to-write-about' that every writer experiences. 

That doesn't mean that I don't need something for today's post.

***

I have been coming back to this page, over and over, all day. Nothing, yet.

***

Are there any other Hamilton fans out there? Perhaps I could draw some inspiration from tunes we jam to around my house.

***

What about Settlers of Catan? I taught a group of students how to play yesterday, furthering those who have a passion for the game.

***

We are at a lull in Iditarod excitement as we sit between the Ceremonial Start and the Re-start, so there isn't much to say on that front - other than speculation.

***

Then there is this by Amy Krouse Rosenthal that has gotten traction on social media and several other people slicing have written posts about it.

***

The West Wing? While we have watched the entire series over and over, my mom hasn't seen it. My husband and I paused our latest round last week, a few episodes in, as we made the realization. She binge watched upon her arrival to catch up with us. Part way through the pilot she remembered having seen a scene. It struck me that we tried to get my parents into the show when they first visited us in Jordan - a dozen years ago. Hymnbo couldn't follow the quick dialogue nor the fast changing story lines. Since he is now whooping it up in heaven, she can give it another go. Last night we all joined in for "In Excelsis Deo" - and off we go!

3 comments:

  1. When I was a Freshman in college, I had an English paper due every Saturday morning. Friday night. Oh the dreaded Friday night. I can still, after well more than 50 years, remember the near panic of "what am I going to write about?" Some how I got through that class but I certainly did not major in English!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post with your random thoughts! I love Amy Krouse Rosenthal - she is so clever! I think your post was clever as well!
    https://tammysreadinglife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the random thinking in this slice. We all get there eventually, a day in search of a slice. The Amy Krause Rosenthal essay broke my heart. I haven't seen Hamilton or listened to much of the music. My kids play Settler of Catan and watch West Wing. Maybe it's time for me to watch West Wing. Enjoy your mom's visit! We binge watched The British Baking Show when we visited our son.

    ReplyDelete