Friday, March 9, 2018

It's Just A Number

9 of 31 - SOLSC 2018


The Slice of Life March Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers and part of the Slice of Life Story Challenge that takes place each Tuesday throughout the year and everyday in March. It is a supportive (and awesome!) community of those trying their hand at writing and encouraging others in their writing. Join us!


There are numbers you look forward to. A 1st birthday. 10, 13, 16, 18, 21, 30, 40... 

This birthday is a number I was excited about - a number I could really get behind. Unfortunately I'm three years too young. 

If this was 2015 I could post "#45" everywhere. Unfortunately it now has a different connotation.

Sigh.

I still plan to have a great year. I still think it is a cool age. It's just no longer a hashtag I can cheer about.

6 comments:

  1. Funny how your perspective can change because of new input. I know that many baby names were ruled in or out based on students I knew. Congratulations on 45- I am sure you will rock it and make it your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I experienced 45 last year. I get it. I get it. Cherish your birthday and your age, though. CeLeBrAtE!!! Have a wonderful day filled with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember. It's always better than the alternative :) . Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, boy! #45 has changed my perspective on many things also, like Twitter. Anyway, have a great day and a great year! Make that number special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have an awesome day. Enjoy life. There are still many years to rock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Maybe you could use the hashtag #fortify, which kind of sounds like forty-five but doesn't have that meaning attached to it :) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete