Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Spin. A Verb. To Whirl Around Quickly

7 of 31 - SOLSC 2018


The Slice of Life March Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers and part of the Slice of Life Story Challenge that takes place each Tuesday throughout the year and everyday in March. It is a supportive (and awesome!) community of those trying their hand at writing and encouraging others in their writing. Join us!


"Who wants to be play tag? Who wants to play tag? Who wants to play tag?" come the sing-songy voices of several first graders from the primary playground outside my windows.

This audible signal reminds me that I should head to the staff room and reunite with my lunch bag. I sit for a moment more, my hand resting on my orange desk, as the world spins.

This is the fourth time since Thursday that vertigo has creeped into my life. Vertigo and I are friends, but not usually ones who hang out this often.

Before lunch I start the process to meet with my neurosurgeon. Let's see if I can spin in time with the rest of you instead of this silliness.

11 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope it isn't serious. I've experienced some this year with inner ear issues. No fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never fun! Hope you can get some relief. I had some dizziness awhile back, but not vertigo. I've known family members who have suffered with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of your troubles. Usually this can be treated and it goes away. I'm hopeful that will be true for you. Sometimes spinning is not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! This sounds awful! I can't imagine dealing with vertigo and trying to teach too. I hope you get some relief really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so sorry! Vertigo is awful. I hope you get some reassuring answers and relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This slice did not go in the direction I expected. Vertigo is scary. Sending good thoughts for a successful diagnosis, treatment, and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping the doctor's appointment brings you some answers and relief. I can't imagine teaching with vertigo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vertigo is scary. I could imagine the drop in your stomach that you could have felt as you reached for the table to steady yourself while watching the kids play. I hope it is an easy fix. Sending up light.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awful. I hate vertigo. I hope you get some answers and relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds frightening. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete