Thursday, March 11, 2021

The Not Cancelled Spring Break (11/31)

  11 of 31 - SOLSC 2021


A year ago I was spending hours on the phone to cancel flights. Emails were exchanged with the tour company and the hotel booked for our en route stopover. A trip that had been dreamed of for 12 years came to a halt. I spent time that spring break cancelling all the trips planned for the next year, but I didn't cancel this spring break.

It wasn't that I expected we would be going anywhere, on the contrary. I had never booked this trip. 

As I close down the browser I use for work, it signals the start of spring break. What makes this one so different from the other breaks we have had in the past year is that this week I won't be mourning where we should have been.

4 comments:

  1. Shows how we've internalized the (I hate calling it that even) new normal. But I AM hoping to be able to travel by summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that your spring break will bring happy surprises, comfort, and small pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Spring Break! We are just having a mini spring break over here- 4 day weekend. But I am loving the extra days. It's so nice when you can enjoy the little things and not feel like you're missing out.

    ReplyDelete