Saturday, March 27, 2021

The Perfect Quote (27/31)

  27 of 31 - SOLSC 2021


Lamenting with a friend who has been in her house, with kids spanning multiple age groups, for more than a year. Her husband's work schedule has had her very isolated and at times it has been extraordinarily hard.

We have found solace in knowing that one another are both choosing the cautious path, even as others have made more social decisions. 

"Will you be going home for a visit this summer?" I asked.

"The expense of it is way too much for all of us, with flights and mandatory quarantine. (If we can even get flights as they are limited.)"

"Any chance of someone coming to visit you all?" I inquire, hopefully.

After explaining the extended circumstances with the summary being that it isn't possible. She tells me, "Anyhow, it is what it is."

I am thinking that it is all pretty crappy and I feel awful for her as she keeps a positive from on the tough situation that doesn't seem to end.  "Even in Australia" is the line that comes to mind. I catch myself as I start to type. The line, though so fitting, doesn't apply here. Why? She's from Australia.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no... It's funny I ran across your post today. Just this week I brought home Alexander & the Terrible, etc. book as my husband had never heard it. It's been a rough month, so he had asked more than once, "Why do you keep saying, "Even in Australia'?"
    I hope your friend can find ways to relax, get out of the house with the kids, and breathe in some fresh air. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been difficult, for sure, for those of us stuck here away from even immediate families...

    ReplyDelete