Friday, March 29, 2019

Thank yous (29/31)

29 of 31 - SOLSC 2019


Like Dee Gordon, I have decided that saying "thank you" is important. I won't be taking out a full page ad in the Seattle Times. Those I want to thank won't be know to the world, let alone primarily by only their first name, but that doesn't diminish on the importance - perhaps it even enhances it.  

I'm toying with the idea of challenging myself to thanking someone each day or April, or maybe May - or my own observance of the month of Ramadan. I recently wrote a letter to someone that I had been drafting in my mind for years and years. I'm not sure why it took me so long to actually pull it out of my head and share it with them. Seems like a practice that would do everyone involved some good. I can't think of a reason to not do this. What are your thank you note rituals?

2 comments:

  1. For 2019, I've been sending a gratitude postcard a day. I got the idea from a podcast where they sent a gratitude email a day. I have to admit that some days I skip and double up on others. I keep it short and sweet, but it is a good practice for me, and I've gotten so many lovely replies. The thankful thing is worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete